senior-level support network
The ACPA Senior-Level Community of Practice (SLCoP) coordinates and hosts the Senior-Level Support Network. Our monthly conversations are to discuss concerns and issues facing those in leadership positions across institutional size, type, and location. These low-key conversations are broadly themed with space for additional topics, relationship building, and unique or shared questions. Conversations are scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of each month at 3:00 p.m. Eastern. Pre-registration required. Register to receive the access link(s) to the monthly conversations taking place.
This network is complimentary for ACPA Members and $179 for non-members, which includes one year of ACPA Membership.
- 17 September 2020 – The return: Sucesses and challenges of “returning” to campus this fall
- 15 October 2020 – Anti-racist leadership, protest and free speech, and racial justice
- 19 November 2020 – Taking stock: A conversation about the role of assessment and staff evaluations this year
- 17 December 2020 – Changes: Leadership adaptations in the time of COVID-19 and the future of your work in higher education
- 28 January 2021 – The Strategic Imperative for Racial Justice and Decolonization (SIRJD): A guided conversation
- 18 February 2021 – Before #ACPA21: What we want and or need from our professional organizations
- 15 April 2021 – Recovering from COVID-19 – Returning to (near) new normal for 21-22.
- 20 May 2021 – Striving for wellness at the senior level.
- 17 June 2021 – Strategic planning – Your successes and challenges.
- 15 July 2021 – What is success in diversity, equity, and inclusion work in student affairs?
- 19 August 2021 – The portfolio: Professional development and next steps at the senior level.
- 16 September 2021 – Navigating the politics of higher education.
- 21 October 2021 – Campus activism: Students and staff
- 18 November 2021 – All the things: Student Affairs staff recruitment and retention, salaries, a living wage, support, burnout, and attrition
- 16 December 2021 – Lessons Learned: Round 2 or 3 … or 4?
- 20 January 2022 – Burning Issues: SLSN 2022-2023 Discussion Topics Brainstorm
- 17 February 2022 – ACPA22 Question: What do we want and/or need from our professional organizations?
- March 2022 – ACPA22 Edition – SLCoP Open Meeting