In partnership with the ACPA Foundation, the ACPA Research Grants are awarded annually to a variety of researchers and scholars whose work “enhances the student affairs profession and disseminates knowledge about college students.” The awards selection process takes place in Summer and Fall. The recipients of the grants also have the opportunity to present their research findings in a symposium at the ACPA Annual Conventions. The coordinator(s) of the Research Grants are responsible for the following:
- Work with staff at the International Office to update the ACPA website with information about the application process. Recruit applications for the Research Grant by disseminating application procedures to ACPA members in a variety of forums.
- Recruit reviewers to review the applications.
- Coordinate the review process.
- Identify the recipients of the awards.
- Coordinate with the International Office and ACPA Foundation to notify grant recipients and the process for disseminating funds. Notify those who are not funded and provide feedback, as able, so that they can submit stronger proposals in the future.
- Coordinate the Research Symposium session at the Annual Convention.
For more information, contact Florence M. Guido, Director of Research & Scholarship at email@example.com.