our Mission, Vision,
and core Values
ACPA transforms higher education by creating and sharing influential scholarship, shaping critically reflective practice, and advocating for equitable and inclusive learning environments.
ACPA leads the student affairs profession and the higher education community in providing outreach, advocacy, research, and professional development to foster college student learning.
The mission of ACPA is founded on, and implements, the following core values of the Association.
- Education and development of the total student
- Diversity, multicultural competence and human dignity
- Inclusiveness in and access to association-wide involvement and decision-making
- Free and open exchange of ideas in a context of mutual respect
- Creation and distribution of knowledge relevant to college students and their learning, and the effectiveness of student affairs and student services professionals and their institutions
- Continuous professional development and personal growth of student affairs and student services professionals that includes the development of effective administrative leadership and management skills
- Outreach and advocacy on issues of concern to students, student affairs and student services professionals and the higher and tertiary education community, including affirmative action and other policy issues