our Mission, Vision,
and core Values
ACPA transforms higher education by creating and sharing influential scholarship, shaping critically reflective practice, and advocating for equitable and inclusive learning environments.
In engaging in daily practice, ACPA aspires to be higher education’s and student affairs’ most inclusive and community-driven association by leading our profession in centering social justice, racial justice, and decolonization as defining concepts of our time and the foreseeable future.
The mission of ACPA is founded on, and implements, the following core values of the Association.
- Learning and growth for the whole student
- Cultural humility, inclusion, and human dignity
- Inclusiveness in and access to association-wide involvement and decision-making
- Open exchange of ideas in a context of mutual respect, reciprocity, and care
- Advancement and sharing of knowledge relevant to enhancing the effectiveness of student affairs and student services professionals, institutions of higher education, and in service of college students and their learning
- Continuous professional development and personal growth of student affairs and student services professionals that centers and furthers equity and social justice
- Intentional reflection and organizational transformation to better serve members and the higher education community
- Active engagement with issues of inequity within higher education, as well as within the Association, in order to better serve our membership
- Outreach and advocacy on issues of concern to students, student affairs and student services professionals, and the higher and tertiary education community