- This event has passed.
Program Design School
April 26 @ 9:00 am - April 27 @ 4:00 pm EDT
program design school
learn how to write participant guides, facilitator guides, identify 40 learning methods and leave with a template for writing consistently and engaging material with ease
26-27 APRIL 2022 // 9am-4pm ET each day
Join The Leadership and Training Studio and Erin Fischer for a two-day, hands-on, engaging and entertaining seminar. Erin will share how she wrote 90 programs in four and a half years and still has more ideas. (As a matter of fact, she has written eight new courses in three months.) You will learn how to write participant guides, facilitator guides, identify 40 learning methods and understand why you can’t write learning objectives until the end of your course! By the end of the two days, you will have a template for writing consistently and engaging material with ease. We are excited to continue to offer this outstanding professional development opportunity in a live virtual format using Zoom Video Conferencing.
It’s time to join the Program Design School if you:
- Struggle writing creative curriculum year after year.
- Need to write quickly or move past writer’s block.
- Are trying to rehash another “values-based” course or bring life to an existing course.
- Need a specific plan and clear steps to write consistently.
- Need new ideas for teaching methods beyond the boring, unoriginal and overused methods.
- Write task-related curriculum, like how to run a meeting, use Roberts Rules of Order or put together a strategic plan.
- Write competency- or soft skills-based curriculum, like feedback, confidence or managing conflict.
- Want to network with professionals, and leadership and education professionals from institutions and headquarters.
- Want to learn the trends in leadership development for all types of adult learners.
- Want to save time and money for your organization.
- Want to receive a 75 page Program Design School Guide to support your program development.
Who Should Attend?
- Leadership development educators who create programs for students
- Professionals who oversee leadership strategies or write curriculum
- Directors and presidents who train boards on policies, procedures and more
- Education professionals who serve their headquarters or institution
Each attendee of the Program Design School Online must be registered. Individual and team rates are available. Select “Add Additional Registrant” before submitting registration to add a team member from the same institution at a reduced rate!
Registrations can be paid by check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. All fees must be prepaid. Purchase orders are not accepted. Refunds will be given for cancellations, received in writing at ACPA by 14 November 2021. After 14 November 2021, there are no refunds. ACPA reserves the right to charge a service fee of US$50 for returned checks. Registrations are non-transferable. The conference may be cancelled or postponed due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. In this case, the fees will be fully refunded; however, ACPA will not be responsible for other additional costs, charges or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines and/or travel agencies.
We are excited to continue to offer this outstanding professional development opportunity in a live virtual format using Zoom Video Conferencing.
The link to the online event will be emailed to registrants the day before the event begins.
We recommend that you download the Zoom Client for Meetings on the computer you will be using for the Program Design School Online prior to the event, if your computer does not already have Zoom. Once Zoom is downloaded on your computer, it will automatically open when you select the access link that will be shared with you the day before the event.
To connect to audio for the Program Design School Online you can use the audio through your computer or you may call in.
To support community engagement and communication during the Program Design School Online registrants are encouraged to have a computer, mobile device, or phone webcam turned on when possible, if available. Understanding that attendees may be navigating internet bandwidth, available technology, and remote work environments access to a webcam is not required and participants are encouraged to mute video throughout the duration of the event or as needed.
*all times listed in Eastern Time
9:00am – 12:00pm
- Step One: Manage Great Ideas and Set Boundaries
- Step Two: Create a List
- Application: Steps One and Two
1:00pm – 4:30pm
- Step Three: Portion It
- Application Step Three
- Step Four: Create Tests with Learning Methods
- Application: Step 4
10:00am – 12:00pm
- Welcome Back
- Step Five: Write Learning Objectives
- Application: Step Five
- Step Six: Write Participant and Facilitator Guides
- Application: Step 6
- Step Seven: Permissions, Design, and Piloting
- Step Eight: Create Assessment
- Step Nine: Educational Strategies