This is a time of significant transition in higher education: Worker norms widely held in the field are no longer acceptable, yet culture change is still hard. There is a need to be more intentional and better prioritize human and fiscal resources, particularly in the area of student affairs. This session provides an overview of five strategies that one institution has applied in efforts to “do less, better” while still delivering highly effective programs and services. Additionally, how this concept has evolved over time and its impact on divisional operations will be examined. Three leaders from a division of student affairs will provide insights that can be applied in diverse functional areas and within a variety of institutions.
* Dan Bureau, Assistant Vice President for Student Health and Wellbeing. Louisiana State University
* Brandon Common, Interim Vice President for Student Affairs, Louisiana State University
* Emily Hester, Chief of Staff, Louisiana State University
* Complimentary for ACPA Individual Members
* $10 for ACPA Chapter Only Members
* $10 for Non-Members
Hosted by: ACPA Senior-Level Community of Practice