ACPA–College Student Educators International invites applications for the Editor of the Journal of College Student Development (JCSD). The Editor will be named in early 2024 to a five-year term that commences 1 August 2024. The first issue published under this editor will be the January/February 2025 issue. The Journal is well-supported financially by both ACPA and the publisher with an operational budget and funding for a graduate assistant. Some support is also required of the Editor’s institution including physical space for JCSD files.
Basic responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that JCSD is published six (6) times/year;
- Overseeing all aspects of the manuscript review and selection process;
- Working with The Johns Hopkins University Press staff members and contractors (such as copy editors, layout editor) to ensure timely distribution of each issue;
- Hiring and supervising Editorial Office staff;
- Recruiting and appointing Editorial Board members and Associate Editors;
- Maintaining & updating the JCSD website and social media in coordination with the ACPA International Office Staff;
- Responding to JCSD inquiries;
- Preparing and submitting yearly JCSD budget and manuscript flow reports as needed;
- Communicating with ACPA International Office staff on JCSD-related issues as they arise; and
- Representing JCSD at relevant conventions and conferences.
Application materials may be sent via e-mail by October 27, 2023 to Tricia Fechter Gates, Deputy Executive Director (email@example.com). Application materials should include:
- Letter of Interest
In your letter, please address the following: (a.) why are you are interested in the position? (b.) specific knowledge and skills you will bring to this position, (c.) your vision for the Journal of College Student Development, and any other information you deem pertinent to help us understand your unique qualifications and motivation for this position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for two references
This Editor of JCSD is a key leadership role in ACPA as this premier journal is a central signature of our association and is one of the four core journals of higher education as a field of study. JCSD is the leading refereed journal focusing on the study of college students and the student experience. JCSD is published six times a year by The Johns Hopkins University Press and has been selected for inclusion in the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI). JCSD receives more than 550 manuscript submissions per year and has an acceptance rate of about 7%. We are excited for a leading scholar to continue the exemplary tradition and practices of current and prior editors.
Questions may be directed to current JCSD Editor, Vasti Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org.