Share Your Perspectives on the Future of Higher Education and Student Affairs
As we celebrate the 100th anniversary of ACPA in 2024, ACPA Developments and
the ACPA@100 Committee would love to hear your perspectives on the future of higher education and student affairs. This series of articles published throughout the anniversary year and beyond (based on interest and submissions) aims to highlight the diverse voices of our membership and engage all of us in imagining the future of
our association and field. We are particularly interested in hearing from graduate students and new professionals, individuals who have not previously published, as well as staff at all levels who identify with minoritized identities and/or identities that are often overlooked in our field.
Articles in these series can fall into any of the existing focus areas of ACPA Developments (see Guidelines to Publication Website).
Articles should focus on the future of higher education and student affairs and/or the future of ACPA. We encourage you to reflect on the following questions as you develop your submission idea:
- How does higher education and student affairs need to evolve to face the challenges of higher education today and for the next 100 years?
- How does higher education and student affairs need to evolve to address the needs of our increasingly diverse students?
- How does higher education and student affairs need to evolve to address the needs of our staff members?
- What can we learn from the past to position ourselves to meet the challenges of the future?
- What role will professional association like ACPA play in the future of higher education and student affairs?
Articles can be based on your own personal and professional experiences, existing scholarship, promising practices. We also encourage authors to consider interviewing leaders in the field. For example, a graduate student may consider interviewing their mentor, a senior leader at their institution, a faculty member, or the author of a book they read. Interviews could focus on what we can learn from the past to best position ourselves to face the challenges of the future. If you’re interested in doing an interview but need help connecting with a leader in the field, please reach out and we will connect you with a leader in our field.
Articles can be submitted on a rolling basis. Priority deadlines: January 1, March 1, May 1, 2024.
If you have questions, would like to be connected with a leader in the field, or have an idea but are unsure if it fits with this series, please contact Gudrun Nyunt, a member of the ACPA @ 100 committee, at [email protected] or Michelle Boettcher, Editor of Developments, at [email protected].