To celebrate and honor ACPA’s 100th anniversary, Journal of College Student Development (JCSD) editors will have a special issue to commemorate the field’s foundations and embrace the future boldly to meet the next 100 years. We further hope to use this issue as a springboard for further conversation, scholarship, and initiatives centered around the tensions between remembering the past, revising the present, and preparing for the future of Student Affairs. The following questions will guide the manuscripts for this special issue:
- What does the practice/field of Student Affairs need to consider as it transforms to meet the needs of new generations of students?
- Whose stories have been left out of the research in the field?
- How does the work we as researchers and practitioners do yield the type of scholar/activist the field needs to meet future demands?
- Are the theories and models used to base student affairs practice the ones we should continue to advance? Are there changes to our theoretical foundation that should be considered?
- How are policy analysis and institutional types considered in the research to advance the field of student affairs?
The Editorial Team is requesting proposals for articles that could be included in the Commemorative ACPA 100th Anniversary Special Edition. To submit a proposal, please provide the following information by January 31, 2023. We are interested only in original material representative of the quality and significance of JCSD. Articles will be reviewed; therefore, authors that are invited to submit a paper do not have a guarantee of its publication. Proposals should provide the following information:
- All author’s names and affiliations
- Tentative title
- Identify the question or questions from those listed above that the manuscript would respond to and give a brief explanation why you feel it is important to the field.
- An explanation of how the manuscript is a novel contribution and could serve as a springboard for further conversations, scholarship, and initiatives in the field.
- Explanation of empirical study, methods, or framework that will be used to create the research or scholarly paper.
- Ability to complete the manuscript by May 31, 2023, and complete revisions by the end of November 2023.
Proposals should be brief (no longer than 1.5 pages), submitted in 12pt Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins. Please send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions can be directed to the JCSD team at email@example.com.